Ola!!!!!




 Olá!!!! Sorry for not writing for a while!! This last transfer flew by! I'm still serving in my new area, Abrantes and we are still covering two other areas (Castelo Branco and Tomar). 


I absolutely love this area and the people in it! It's really cool having two other areas because we are able to work with so many amazing people! All of our branch presidents are amazing and they help out so much! One is from Idaho and he lives here with is family. I never thought I would have an American branch president on my mission 😂. 

I've witnessed a lot of miracles since being here. When I first arrived here my companion (Elder Jorgensen) and I established some goals to help our areas grow and become unified. The first two weeks we were focused on really getting to know the members in our areas. We went to a ward picnic, called everyone in our ward directory and did everything we could to build a better relationship with them. I saw how the Lord directed us to certain members who need help and other members who helped us with our work and it was an amazing experience. 

This week is the second week of the new transfer and on Saturday we had our first baptism in our area of Abrantes. We met our friend Daniela through the sisters in another area in our mission. She was a referral from a member there and she had just moved to Portugal from Angola. The sisters taught her the first two lessons until she moved here to our area. They then passed her onto us and we were able to teach her the rest of the lessons and prepare her for her baptism! 

Helping Daniela prepare for baptism has really strengthened my testimony about faith. She had A LOT of questions about the church and some were pretty hard to answer. At times I wouldn't want to answer some of them because I was afraid she would not want to continue to be taught. But every answer we gave her, she accepted them and continued on with faith. She didn't let her doubts and questions stop her from coming unto Chris and receiving the blessing He has instore for her. She was willing to do the hard work and search for her answers by praying, reading the scriptures, and coming to church! I saw how by doing these things she was able to find answers to her doubts and peace that came from the spirit! 

I was able to baptize her on Saturday and the meeting was very spiritual. She bore an amazing testimony at the end of the meeting and you could see how happy she was and that she was so prepared and willing to be baptized! We confirmed her a member yesterday and she received the gift of the Holy Ghost! 

I invite all of you to follow the example of our friend Daniela and do the "hard work" to find answers to your doubts and questions! I promise that if you are willing to search for the truth and put yourself in positions to receive revelation, you will find an answer! 

I love you all and I hope all is well wherever you are in the world! Deus abençoe e beijinhos! 😊😚😁🤙🏼💚










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Week 5

Ola Amigos!