Almost Week 2!!???



Temple trip with my Distric

Ola everyone!!! This week has been super fun and hard at the same time!! I had my first TRC this week and it was definitely a learning experience for me. My first TRC went super well and we taught this guy who was a member and we really connected with him and we talked about the plan of salvation and the whole thing went perfect. Our second one however was different, we taught this 23 year old named joseph and he was not a member and he went to byu and he was interested in the church. We also taught him the plan of salvation but the whole time he just didn't seem interested. It was hard to get him to talk and open up to us and the whole thing didn't go as planned. It made me feel pretty discouraged after and I was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I felt like it was my fault that the lesson didn't go well. I prayed that night for guidance and peace and I totally got my answer the next day! In my portuguese class the next day My teacher Irma Pendleton shared a scripture in Ether 12:27 and it's a pretty famous scripture but it still had an effect on me. The scripture says, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them". I really like this scripture because I know that I'm not gonna be the perfect missionary and teach all of the lessons the best way and that everyone who hears it will accept them.But I know by turning to the lord and giving him my weaknesses he will make them my strengths. Everyday I feel that I grow closer and closer to God. I'm also so grateful for my district and zone so much. We have created this great friendship with one another and they always pick me up when I'm feeling down. We had this district meeting last night and we basically just talked about how much we love this gospel and how it changed our lives and why we are here serving missions and I haven't felt the spirit that strong in such a long time. I am so grateful for them and everything they do for me they make the MTC so much fun! I'm still enjoying my calling as zone leader and my comp and I are always busy but I know we are for a good reason. I said bye to Elder hunter and Elder Gartz yesterday as they left to their missions in Peru and Korea but i'm so stoked for them! Also I saw sam, nef, tiare,and sage yesterday when I was walking to the temple and that was such a blessing because I've missed them so much! I'm learning and growing everyday, missions are hard but what I'm doing here is important and it's the least I can do to pay my Heavenly Father back for all that He has done and given me!! love you all tchau!! 

Chillin w my Zone bois



Elder Tupao and Elder Baczuck making a b-ball hoop
Me and my Comp in the fog

My Comp and I



2950 Reunion




The Gartz Family saving my immune system

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Week 6!!!

Week 5