Week 6!!!

Ola!! Hope everyone is doing well! Today is my last day at the MTC and I’m soooo ready to get out and serve! To be completely honest, I did not think I would have such a good experience here at the MTC, but I'm so glad that I did! I owe it all to my Heavenly Father for putting such amazing people in my life. I have truly learned so much from everyone here at the MTC and I hope I can have the same effect on the people that I will meet in Portugal! On our last day of class with my teacher Irmao Haycock we did this really cool activity for our last day. We went to the S1 building in the MTC and in that building there is this long hallway with paintings of Christ all over the wall. Our teacher told us to walk down the hall and look at each painting of Christ and try to feel the spirit and see what each painting means to us, and once we got done looking at all of them, we would walk back down the hall and show each other which painting was our favorite and what it meant to us. This activity was truly amazing. While walking down the hall, each painting of Christ spoke to me. I could feel the spirit testifying to me that Christ is real. Christ was a real person who walked on this earth and He is the son of our Heavenly Father. Each painting expressed so much how perfect He was and how everything He did was for others. What I learned from this experience was that I need to make Christ the center of my life. One thing my companion said that I will never forget was this, "We spend so much time talking about ourselves, but what we need to be doing is talking about Christ". I love the way he said that and it reminded me of why I'm here serving a mission, to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement. Another cool experience I had was last night at the departure devotional. The president of the MTC spoke to us and what he said was so cool and something that I will never forget. In his talk he said that we are all artists, we are helping paint this picture of Christ for all of the people that we will meet and it's our job to show them who He is and what He has done for us. Also he talked about how our pallets are our virtues, goodness, discipleship, and our love to God and all men. Like I said before, I love the MTC. I will never forget what I've learned here and all of the friendships that I have made. It is my number one priority to make Christ the center of my life and to serve others in any way that I can. I know God is preparing the people in Portugal for His message and I need to do the same to deliver this message. This gospel is true and I'm so happy I have this opportunity to share it. Amo todos voces tchau!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Week 5