Bom Dia Todos!




Bom dia todos! I have been in Portugal for 5 day's and I already love it here!! The flight here however was pretty rough, I was up the whole 9 hours and I couldn't watch movies or listen to music which was torture!!! Also another reason why it was hard was because when we were having a layover in Amsterdam and I was feeling a lot of stress and anxiety for no reason (probs because i have been awake for so long lol) and everyone was giving us the weirdest looks in the airport. I tried to talk to some people but had no success. I was starting to feel discouraged but when we landed in Portugal all of that changed! Right before we landed I said a little prayer asking God to take away my anxiety and just help me get through this and like Always God pulled thru 😁. Right after we got off of our plane I was welcomed by a familiar face... ELDER BAZCUK!! I was so stoked to see him because he left the day before me and I knew he had a layover in Portugal but I didn't think I would have been able to see him. Right when I saw him I knew God answered my prayers and that I was gonna be okay! I met my mission president and his wife right after! President and Sister Filmore are amazing, they are so loving and they just make you feel safe and loved. We went to the mission home and had dinner which was fun and they have the best view of the water and bridge in Lisboa and I couldn't believe that I was actually here! The next day I got to meet my trainer! His name is Elder Moreria and he is such a stud! He is from Brazil and we get a long great! He tells everyone we meet that I'm Brazilian and then they just start going off in Portuguese and I have no idea what they are saying and he just laughs 😂. He has been teaching me a lot, also I'm totally speaking Brazilian Portuguese at the moment because of my area and comp but i'm starting to get the hang of it, the words are the same but the pronunciation is different! The area we are serving in rn is called Que Luz, its in Lisboa and I loooove it here. Our area has lot's of immigrants and they are mostly Brazilian or African. The people here are really nice and most of them are down to talk to us and learn about the gospel! My first night in my area we had dinner with this Brazilian family and they are fr the nicest and funniest people ever! They were so welcoming and they fed me so much food and it was the best! We instantly got a long and we were just laughing and eating for like 3 hours straight and they were trying their best to speak slow so I could under stand them 😂.They have a son whose my age and a daughter who is a year younger and they are both members. The mom wants to get baptize and she has a date for sometime in March so we are helping her prepare for that! The dad Wesley is not a member but he is one of the nicest humans ever and he is so funny and such a good father. They are so nice to me and I love going over to their apartment and just hanging out with them and they always want to hear a scripture or something spiritual. We are knocking on a bunch of doors and talking to people on the streets and we have some appointments this week with some new friends so I will keep you guys updated! Also this Sunday was my first time at church here and I bore my testimony in my broken Portuguese but they were really stoked that I did and I can already feel the love that we have for each other! There is a lot of work to be done here but there is no place I'd rather be! I miss you all sm! Shoot me an email when you get the chance! Valeo!

atticus.cutri@missionary.org















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Week 5

Week 6!!!