Ola!

Olá! This week was another good one! It started off good by going bowling with our zone on Pday and hanging out in the mall! Burger King  in Portugal is super good and everyone here loves it! I was pretty impressed when I tried it lol. My comp and I started teaching this lady named Madalena this week and she is from Angola and she is the sweestest old lady you will ever meet! She makes my comp and I call her "Vovó" which means Grandma and she is always feeding me food becuase she says I’m too skinny and need to eat more 😂. She has been taught all of the lessons before by past Elders, but she has never been able to commit to getting Baptized because she has had some doubts about the church. But this week we taught her about how to trust in the Lord and that He will answer our questions and increase our faith in Him and how by making covenants with the Lord He can bless us so much! During the lesson I felt the spirit so much and I can tell she felt it too. It was a really cool expirence. She is starting to have more faith and we made a goal for her to prepare for a baptismal date in April, so hopefully she will be baptized then! Another cool expirence that I had was on Saturday when we went on exhanges with the Elders who live in Amadora, the area next to ours. I was with Elder Stoore for the day and we went to this part of the town that was pretty rough. The nick name for Amadora and our area Que Luz is, "Little Africa" becuase everyone here is either from Angola, Cabo Verde, or Brazil. We went to go check up on a member who has been sick and is a recent convert. The village she lived in was really poor.  The houses were made out of scrap metal, street signs, and concrete. I was in awe the whole time we were there because you see stuff like this on the news and magazines all the time, but actually being in a place like that was a very humbling expierence. When we met with her she was very welcoming and we read a scripture together and aksed if she would be attending church the next day. She said she would try and she was very thankful for us coming over to check up on her. It was a cool and humbling expierence being in that village and it  made me grateful for all of the little things that I take for granted. Also, we are teaching Ana-Claras friend Camila and she is making good progress and is reading The Book of Mormon and hopefully she will want to be baptized soon! Anyways, I love it here and I'm so greatful to serve these wonderful people, even though this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  The mission is so rewarding and the love and happines you feel when you serve others and help them come closer to Christ makes it all worth it! Até a próxima semana valeu! 😁🤙🏼


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Week 5

Week 6!!!