Update!!!

 



Olá meus queridos!!


I dont think I've given you guys an update for like 2 transfers now haha 😅. But anyways, everything is going great here in my "new" area Montijo! 

When I first got here, the country of Portugal went back into lockdown and we couldn't go out or do anything. So, that transfer was pretty interesting. We just stayed inside and tried to do as much work as we could. The only cool thing about that transfer was that I got to serve with Elder Koyle who was in the MTC with me, so that was rad. 

But now I'm in the 3rd week of this new transfer and it's been nothing but a blessing! Elder Koyle got transferred and I expected to just recive a normal new comp, but I got something better... A FILHO!! (A son). So this is my first time training a new missionary! 

I was so stoked when I got the news that I was gonna train! The new missionaries where expected to arrive in Portugal at the beginning of the first week of this transfer, but all of their travel plans got pushed back a little. This ended up being a tender mercy for me because that meant I got to spend a couple days in one of my old area's- Cacém!! It was so much fun going back to that area and it was definitely a trip down memory lane... Being there brought back so many memories and it made me realize how much I've grown since serving there when I only had a couple of months on the mission. It was even better visiting all of my good friends there as well! I got to visit Fabiola and her family and it was so fun! It's almost been a year since Elder Bermudez and I baptized her in QueLuz! She is doing great and still strong in the Gospel! She has a calling in the Young Woman’s now and it's so wonderful to see how happy she is! 

So the original plan that week was to stay in Cacém until Wednesday and then recieve my new comp and return to Montijo- but like always, things didn't go exactly according to plan 😅. Only one of the new missionaries arrived on time, so that meant I was gonna stay in Cacém for the rest of the week in a trio! Elder Bautista and I got to serve with this new missionary and it was such a fun week! The other missionaries finally showed up a week later and we finally got to find out who our new comps would be! And it turns out I got the Elder who showed up on time, Elder Guttenberger! 

Training Elder Guttenberger has been so much fun! He is from Spain and is the chillest kid ever. He's been progressing so well and he makes training so easy haha. We have been working really hard here in Montijo and we have someone marked for Baptism on April 10th! So keep our friend Fernando in your prayers! 

On a more spiritual note, this last Sunday was a very special day for the Church in Portugal. My area will now be part of the newest Stake in Portugal- the Almada Stake. Yesterday during our Stake conference our mission president (Pres Filmore) gave a really amazing talk about creating this new Stake. One of the things that he said in his talk really touched me-He said that creating this new Stake in Portugal is "evidence that the people here in Portugal are letting God prevail in their lives". He went on to say that by doing small and simple things every day to let God prevail in our lives, will lead us to accomplish great things in our life and reach our potential as children of God. With that being said, I would like to invite all of you who are reading this (if you even still read these 🥴🤪) to start doing the "small" and "simple" things to let God prevail in your life. With General Conference right around the corner, we have a great opportunity to receive guidance and counsel to start doing these things!

That's all I have for now. I love and miss you all so much! Send me an email and I promise I'll write you back! 🙃🙈

Tchauzinho! 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Week 5

Ola Amigos!